I kept my voice indifferent. "May I?"
我尽量让我的声音显得不那么突兀,我能试试吗?
我尽量让自己的声音显得漠不关心。“可以让我看一下吗?”
He smirked and pushed the microscope to me.
他傻笑然后把显微镜推给我。
他撇嘴坏笑,把显微镜推给我。
I looked through the eyepiece eagerly, only to be disappointed. Dang it,he was right.
我急切地通过目镜看去,只有失望。畜生,他是对的。
我急切地透过接目镜看进去,却失望了。该死,他是对的。
"Slide three?" I held out my hand without looking at him.
第三片?我伸出我的手没有看他。
“第三张玻片?”我伸出手,却不看他。
He handed it to me; it seemed like he was being careful not to touch my skin again.
他把它递给了我,看起来他好像小心注意不再一次碰到我的皮肤。
他把玻片递给我。他似乎小心翼翼地避免着再次和我有肌肤上的接触。
I took the most fleeting look I could manage.
我用我能做到的最快速度看了看玻片。
"Interphase." I passed him the microscope before he could ask for it. He took a swift peek, and then wrote it down.
间期。我把显微镜传给他在他问之前。他飞快的扫了一眼,然后写下了。
I would have written it while he looked, but his clear, elegant script intimidated me.
在他看的时候我本来可以写下的,但是他的自己把我吓到了。
在他看的时候我本可以写下来的,但他清秀雅致的笔迹把我镇住了。
I didn't want to spoil the page with my clumsy scrawl.
我不想让我杂乱的字迹毁了这页纸。
我不想用我笨拙潦草的字体毁掉这张纸。
We were finished before anyone else was close.
我们在别人之前完成了。
I could see Mike and his partner comparing two slides again and again, and another group had their book open under the table.
我能看到mike和他的伙伴对比了两片一次又一次,然后另一组把他们的书打开摊在桌子下面。